Sunday, May 10, 2015

Busy Girl Sews: Ellison Lane Quilts

Weekend Tourist Mini Quilt from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples

The Weekend Tourist Mini Quilt is kind of like the Summer Tourist Quilt's little sister. There are times when you just don't want to wait; you've got to play with your scraps and have a finished project to show for it right now. I pulled out some of my treasured Heather Ross prints for this project, and oh, how I love it. A Tim Holtz newsprint fabric makes a great background, and I bound the quilt in a purple dot print by Violet Craft. It's enormously simple, but definitely one of my favorite projects from my book.

Weekend Tourist Mini Quilt from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples

Jennifer is sharing her version of the Weekend Tourist over at Ellison Lane Quilts this week. I have so many "firsts" in my sewing career tied up with Jennifer and her blog. Her 2012 charm swap was the first fabric swap I ever joined, and her 2012 Modern Mini quilt competition was the first quilting contest I ever entered with my Retro Kitchen quilt -- you can see that old favorite right here. Jennifer is such an encouraging person, and she has come up with so many amazing ideas over the years for quilting events, both online and in person. Her Sew South Retreat is legendary, and one of these days, I hope to see it with my own eyes! Be sure to stop by her blog to see what cuteness she's done with the Weekend Tourist.

Weekend Tourist Mini Quilt from Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples

My husband spoiled me with hours of deliriously happy sewing over the weekend so that I could finish up a few projects for Quilt Market this week. I can't wait to show you what I made, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...